- Must be admissible to the University of Kansas by assured admissions or individual review (see Major Specific Requirements) AND
- Have a 3.0+ high school GPA AND
- Demonstrate mathematics preparedness by:
- Obtaining a mathematics ACT score of 22+ (or math SAT score of 540+), OR
- Achieving a ‘B’ or better in ‘college algebra’ or a more advanced mathematics course, OR
- Achieving a ‘C’ or better in a high school calculus course; OR
- Earning credit via IB or AP credit for the above-mentioned courses in accordance with KU placement credit requirements; OR
- Achieving at minimum a qualifying score for MATH 104 on the ALEKS mathematics placement exam.
Transfer students must meet the following:
- Be admissible to KU (see Transferring to KU) AND
- Earn a cumulative college transferable grade-point average of 2.5+ AND
- Earn a "C" or better in MATH 125 (Calculus I, or its direct equivalent) AND
- Earn grades of "C" or better in math, science, and engineering applicable to the engineering degree.
Applications from all transfer students are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students must also complete their last 30 hours of credit at KU per KU Faculty and Senate Rules and Regulations. For more information on transfer credits, see Transfer Credit.
Students who are currently enrolled at KU, needs to meet the following:
- Earn a 2.5+ KU GPA
- Earn a C or better in MATH 125 or equivalent
- Earn a C or better in all math, science, and/or engineering courses
Current students admitted to other academic units may apply to the School of Engineering by completing a Change of School form. This must be turned in to the School of Engineering Dean's Office by the appropriate deadlines indicated below.
November 1 - Final deadline for scholarship consideration for incoming freshmen planning to enter in fall or summer semesters.
February 1 - Final deadline for scholarship consideration for incoming transfer students planning to enter in fall or summer semesters.
February 15 - Deadline for current KU students to apply for fall admission.
May 1 - Enrollment Deposit due.
Last Friday in October - Deadline to submit Change of School applications for fall semester admission
Last Friday in March - Deadline to submit Change of School applications for spring semester admission