The Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering has a history of graduates who have been successful, like Charlie Spahr, a 1934 civil engineering graduate who went on to lead Standard Oil of Ohio and brought about the Trans Alaska Pipeline.
In many cases, our alumni took their first steps toward success while students here. With that in mind, many of our alumni make a point of giving back to the department and the School of Engineering so that today's students can benefit from the same kind of opportunities.
There are numerous ways for alumni to stay involved with KU and lead current students toward the successes ahead. They include:
- Working with the Engineering Career Center to ensure engineering firms are represented on campus
- Giving to KU Endowment Association
- Mentoring current students
- Maintaining contact with Department faculty
- Volunteering with CEAE student organizations
The CEAE Academy honors many of our department's most distinguished alumni and friends.