Four courses are required to complete the certificate, two of which are mandatory. Students select the remaining two courses from the list of additional accepted courses.
- CE 761 Matrix Analysis of Framed Structures
- CE 861 Finite Element Methods for Solid Mechanics
Additional Courses Satisfying Certificate Requirements:
- CE 704 Dynamics and Vibrations
- CE 710 Structural Mechanics
- CE 800 Theory of Elasticity
- CE 801 Energy Methods
- CE 810 Theory of Elastic Stability
- CE 864 Seismic Performance of Structures
- CE 869 Plates and Shells
The minimum grade for any course to be applied toward the certificate is a grade of B. No credits may be transferred from another institution for this certificate.