Applying for Admission
All engineering students should come to college with math, science, communication skills, and computer abilities.
- Must be admissible to the University of Kansas by assured admissions or individual review AND
- Have a 3.0+ high school GPA AND
- Demonstrate mathematics preparedness by:
- Obtaining a mathematics ACT score of 22+ (or math SAT score of 540+), OR
- Achieving a ‘B’ or better in ‘college algebra’ or a more advanced mathematics course, OR
- Achieving a ‘C’ or better in a high school calculus course; OR
- Earning credit via IB or AP credit for the above-mentioned courses in accordance with KU placement credit requirements; OR
- Achieving at minimum a qualifying score for MATH 104 on the ALEKS mathematics placement exam.
Students should also be ready for the challenges presented in architectural studio courses. It is helpful to have completed a course in computer-aided design (CAD) as well as a course in freehand sketching.