• Home
  • Academics
  • Degrees
  • Environmental Science
  • Ph.D.
  • Financial Aid

Environmental Science

Most full-time doctoral students in environmental science receive financial support from research assistantships, teaching assistantships, fellowships and scholarships. There is no separate application for financial aid.  If you are admitted, we will consider you for financial aid.  The professors in your desired area of specialization will be informed of your admission and asked to consider you for a graduate research or teaching assistantship.  Graduate research assistantships are awarded by individual professors with funded research projects.  Graduate teaching assistantships are awarded by the professors in charge of specific courses.  Some assistantships are awarded to incoming students; others are awarded to continuing students who have excelled in their studies. Graduate research and teaching assistants are typically employed 50%-time (20 hours per week) and receive payment of tuition and fees in addition to a salary. Many graduate research assistants and teaching assistants also receive a supplemental scholarship or fellowship.

The CEAE Department, the School of Engineering and KU Graduate Studies award a variety of scholarships and fellowships to new graduate students.  KU’s Self Graduate Fellowship provides four years of generous financial support for outstanding doctoral students.  If you wish to be considered for a specific award, please inform the Professor Bruce McEnroe, Director of Graduate Studies, well in advance of the deadline for the award. 


Follow KU CEAE 


ABET Accreditation Information

Program specific accreditation information can be found here.

Architectural Engineering Statement and Objective can be found here.

Civil Engineering Statement and Objective can be found here.