Environmental and Water Resources Engineering

Many MS students in environmental engineering receive financial support from research assistantships, teaching assistantships, fellowships and scholarships. There is no separate application for financial aid.  If you are admitted, we will consider you for financial aid.  The professors in your desired area of specialization will be informed of your admission and asked to consider you for a graduate research or teaching assistantship.  Graduate research assistantships are awarded by individual professors with funded research projects.  Graduate teaching assistantships are awarded by the professors in charge of specific courses.  Some assistantships are awarded to incoming students; others are awarded to continuing students who have excelled in their studies. Graduate research and teaching assistants are typically employed 50%-time (20 hours per week) and receive payment of tuition and fees in addition to a salary. Many graduate research assistants and teaching assistants also receive a supplemental scholarship or fellowship.

The CEAE Department, the School of Engineering and KU Graduate Studies award a variety of scholarships and fellowships to new graduate students.  If you wish to be considered for a specific award, please inform the Professor Dennis Lane, Director of Graduate Studies, well in advance of the deadline for the award.

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times

 Follow KU CEAE 

  Follow KU CEAE - Facebook Instagram, media, social, new, logo, circle, network icon  Twitter circle Logo Icon of Flat style - Available in SVG, PNG, EPS, AI &  Icon fonts Follow KU CEAE - LinkedIn